Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WhoAreYouuu

WhoAreYouuu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hello, I am desprately seeking help with my PC.

I have had a few issues with it in the past, so I did a restore to 'Factory Settings'. But I am still having issues, I am getting blue screen error. I should really read everything it says, at the bottom it starts Dumping something; but I just hold the power button and reboot. Thankfully the PC boots back up, but it has happened about 5 times in the past 7 days.

I haven't installed any new software and don't have a clue what it could be, I am pretty up to date on security, but you can never be safe I guess.

My mouse also freezes up sometimes, it takes 3-10 seconds then I can go back to web searching, etc. Something is going on here, and I just did a Factory Restore less then 6 months ago.

I hope I can get some help!

Kindest Regards!

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
64bit

Edited by WhoAreYouuu, 25 September 2013 - 08:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

:welcome: to the Bleeping Computers forum.

I suspect you are suffering from a hardware failure since the factory restore didn't cure the issue. I would test the system memory and hard drive first before doing any other troubleshooting step. Please follow the below steps.

:step1: Run memory diagnostics.

You can use the free software Memtest86+ to stress test system RAM. Please read the below guide carefully which covers detailed instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

You should complete a minimum of 7 passes with memtest for an accurate result. More passes is better but may take longer time to complete.

Report whether the test detects any errors (or post a screenshot of memetst ).

:step2: Run hard drive diagnostics.

If the Memory test came clean, run hard drive diagnostics. Testing procedure depends on the brand of hard drive. To identify the manufacturer, please post a Speccy snapshot of system by reading the guide below.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users