Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDD Boot problem (Unable to boot)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Arlocanta

Arlocanta

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Hello, Forums

First System:

Windows 7 64 bit current revision.

AMD athalon 64 4600+

ASUS m2n32 sli deluxe newest bios

ram 4 gigs checked not the problem

GPU redeon HD 4600

As the name suggest I am having boot problems. Happend this morning as the computer had  a black screen ( No not monitor).

I rebooted and what do you know the HDD isnt recognized, happens from time to time usually a good cleaning and reconecting wires fixes it. It did but on boot up it was acting slugish more like it started normal but would slow to a hault unable to do anything with it freezing. After rebooting it did the whole not recognizing HDD again so reconected it started up again same thing slugish and froze.

I used different conectors power and sata both and it did the same thing. I also used another HDD that has an old win xp os on it that has no problems even on the same sata connection as the win 7 HDD.

(I can access the data from the other HDD fine and transfer it and did with no time difference from not till when I got it)

Now it doesnt boot at all gives me the whole boot from cd or what ever.

UNfortionatly I cant reinstall win 7 unless I have an old cd/dvd drive that uses the master giant ribben slot conector, sata doesnt work for some reason when doing clean slate never has from what Ive read its my old mobo that prevents it. Just for win 7 win xp can be installed.

Anyway what is wrong with my HDD Ive read it might be it failing but it sounds fine on start up and I can still transfer data without a problem.

So is it boot file problems. Malware preventing boot up if so how do I remove it when I cant turn it on.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

I rebooted and what do you know the HDD isnt recognized, happens from time to time usually a good cleaning and reconecting wires fixes it.

That doesn't sound like a good hard drive....or it may be a bad HDD driver....

#3 Arlocanta

Arlocanta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Well its in an enclosure and its a small drive so it has alot of space so dust builds easkily around it and the conectors also my air compressor died so havent given it a good cleaning ina about a year+. Also it doesnt happen often mabe about 3 times in the last 3 years of having it.

If its the driver how do I go about fixing that when I can no longer boot it up I can mess with it while on my other hdd's os.

Edited by Arlocanta, 25 September 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#4 Arlocanta

Arlocanta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

OK so I fuggured Id try my WIn 7 install disc which I should have tryed. Anyway I couldnt get to the repair window the one with the repair options though I did after I unplugged all my other HDDs.

When I got thier I tryed repairing pritty much every option that thier was I tried even the commmand window and it kept saying you must choose a windows operating system that is compatible.?????

It says unkown operating system and uknown Drive I triple checked its the right HDD. Why can I access its data read and write on it without a problem from my working HDD(OS winxp). But cant access it by itself and win disc doesnt repair it WTH is going on.

#5 Arlocanta

Arlocanta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

Later I tried clean slate for the OS and it said cannot something or other some error like 0000008xe somthing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users