Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP ProBook 4520S won't boot up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jeremiahbear

jeremiahbear

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

I have an HP ProBook 4520s that will not boot.

It has the orange light blinking above the port for the power supply.

When you plug the power supply in it turns white for 1 blink then orange again.

I have read on multiple sites that you can take the battery out, hold down the power button for a length of time, say 20 seconds, plug in the power supply and viola, it works. Well, it doesn't work on this one. I just get the blinking. Maybe I am just going about the process wrong. I consider myself somewhat computer savvy but different perspective sometimes helps.

I have not tried a new battery. The posts all say it is not a battery issue. I found plenty of posts on other sites when I Googled it but have always had good luck here.  Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users