Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows defender

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 reczel_reyes18

reczel_reyes18

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

Hello,,

I need a help regarding of windows 8 turning on of windows defender?

:(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,036 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3466684/how-turn-on-defender-in-windows-8/

or....

To open Windows Defender

Open Windows Defender by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Defender, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Defender.

Click Tools, and then click Options.

Click Administrator, select or clear the Use this program check box, and then click Save. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Regards,

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Atoz44

Atoz44

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

I had the same problem. I just bought a new computer 2 mo. ago (Gateway DX4870) and they had installed Norton security for just 2 months. I didn't renew it and tried to turn on defender. Would not turn on. I followed the previous posts instruction, but could not find the options button. I finally just deleted the Norton security program and defender turned on automatically. It would not turn on as long as the Norton program was on the computer. Even though it was deactivated.

I read the article from PC magazine in the above post, that said defender now includes Microsoft security essentials in defender, so maybe that is all I need. I also have malwarebytes on the computer. I don't know why they installed Norton anyway, even for 2 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users