Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer switches on and off during boot

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Geordie hustler

Geordie hustler

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hi

First of all I'd like to mention that I am not very technically minded. I'm ok getting around a PC but in not advanced on computer jargin etc. so I hope you'll go easy on me.

Anyway, the problem in having is this.

On starting up my PC the computer fans start and LEDs are on as if normal but only for a few seconds. I notice though there is no signal going to my monitor ( so monitor turns itself off after a few seconds). Also my computer then turns off (for 3 or 4 seconds) then back on again for 3 or 4 seconds, then off again repeatedly. On off on off on off. The monitor doesn't get any signal.

It dies this 90% of the time but a couple of times the LEDs and fans stayed on as if everything was normal but still no signal to screen. To check whether it was the monitor I tried the computer with my television and again no signal. Therefore I know the monitor is fine.

Anyone know what this could be? I haven't tried another VGA cable as I don't have one, but it Is a relatively new cable and I don't believe it's the cable as I don't think this would cause the PC to repeatedly turn on and off during boot.

Hope this isn't confusing. Apologies if it is.

Gh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

What is the make and model number of the computer?

#3 Geordie hustler

Geordie hustler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

The only info I can find is its a 'Darco' (on door at front. Next to power input 'Seasonic 100-240VAC'. I have been using it for a couple of years with no problems. It was bought from a music shop and I have a feeling they may have put it together themselves specifically for my needs.

Hope this helps. Thanks for reply

#4 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

How To Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

#5 Geordie hustler

Geordie hustler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

How To Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

How Canio do this?. I'm posting from my I phone as I can't boot my PC. Sorry if I'm being ignorant

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Try replacing the power supply unit of same or greater wattage but in the meantime if no PSU is available, try removing all ram sticks module and graphics card (assuming one is installed and onboard video is available). The VGA/DVI ports on the back of your desktop would indicate if you have an onboard video minus the graphics card's port.

Tekken

#7 Geordie hustler

Geordie hustler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:54 AM

Try replacing the power supply unit of same or greater wattage but in the meantime if no PSU is available, try removing all ram sticks module and graphics card (assuming one is installed and onboard video is available). The VGA/DVI ports on the back of your desktop would indicate if you have an onboard video minus the graphics card's port.

Ok thanks for your reply. I will try this and let you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users