Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A few problems...New Battery Random Shutdowns and Java Apps not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Da Diezel

Da Diezel

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Well first a little about my computer I'm running Windows 7 Home Edition with Dell XPS L702X with 8GB ram. I just recently bought a new battery for my computer and when that battery is installed and NOT connected to AC power, after the starting windows message appears the computer shuts down. While the the old battery is installed everything boots up fine. Also when the AC is plugged everything boots up fine as well. When I boot the computer with the new battery and NO AC power to the bios screen it stays on for quite a while, I let it stay on for about 30 minutes before I shut it down. So I figured that it is a software issue but I'm having a hard time determining what that issue is so I'm lost.

My second problem is I can't get any Java applets to work. All my java software is up to date. When I try to launch the applet it opens but displays nothing.

I have researched both of these problems extensively and have come up with nothing which is why I'm here looking for answer and any advice anyone could offer thanks so much for you all your help.

If you need any other information please let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

Where did you get the battery? Ebay? There are tons of cheap chinese knockoffs out there- when buying a battery or adapter it's best to always search for "Genuine" parts only. A cheapie can short and kill your system.

#3 RaviAtDell

RaviAtDell

Authorized Dell Rep

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

Hi Da Diezel,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS, Chipset and Video card drivers on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the Windows 7 operating system, and then download the BIOS from the BIOS section, Chipset from chipset section and video card driver from video section onto the system and install it.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19

Also, send me the battery Serial number through private message so that I can determine if the battery is compatible with the system. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send me a message’.

#4 Da Diezel

Da Diezel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

thanks for all your replys!

NetGhost56,

I got the battery off of eBay but was informed by the seller that it was an OEM battery.

RaviAtDell,

I already updated everything, I updated all the drivers. I read that may be a problem in a forum while I was searching for answers on my own. I will also send you the battery's serial number in a private message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users