Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Killed the "ICE CYBERCRIME" virus, but now having Windows issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 qorc

qorc

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Mod Edit: Moved from WIN7 to Am I Infected ~~ boopme

ICE CYBERCRIME VIRUS KILLED BUT NOW I HAVE WINDOWS ISSUES
Running Windows 7. I picked up the ICE CYBERCRIMES TROJAN HIJACKER. I managed to get around it long enough to get Malware Bytes started and apparently get it removed. I also tried to restore my computer to a restore point of last weekend but after it booted back up , it said the restore was not completed and I should retry. I did. Same thing. It won't restore back to a previous point.

However, now I'm having some odd issues. It will not let me re-engage my AVG Firewall. When Windows starts up, I get a message about some RLL that it can't find to run. HIJACKTHIS doesn't work properly and tells me it can't access my HOSTS file. I got a little "flag" message at the bottom that says Windows Security Center service needs to be turned on. However when I try to turn it on, it says it "can't be started."

Help!

Edited by boopme, 24 September 2013 - 09:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users