Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Win 8 freeze or BSOD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 abbenano

abbenano

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

I googled a lot about Win 8 freez and BSOD problem but haven't found any solution.

Monitor #1 samsung SyncMaster 2233bw (Primary)

Monitor #2 Dell 1905fp

My problems are:
1. BSOD (CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT)

2. Random freeze #1

3. Random freeze #2 mouse is movable but wont interact with the computer

4. Random freeze #3 Primary screen freezes but mouse is movable in the background. I can move mouse to monitor #2 but cannot interact.

5. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (GTX 460 x2 327.25 Driver)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have problem with the computer once a day with one of the problems.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

:welcome:  to the Bleeping Computer forum.

The two dumps you uploaded shows different bugcheck codes so it is hard to say whether the issue is caused by hardware or software at this point. Is there any more crash dumps ?. If yes, upload them for analysis. Also please use the system for one or more hours and run Speccy to monitor system temperature. This time post the web address displayed by Speccy instead of attaching the report.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 25 September 2013 - 03:46 AM.

#3 abbenano

abbenano
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:40 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/wVTsAE3xbQIMoWWxVMHF8qV

The problem started when i installed Win 8 (Sep 7). I think it's a software problem.
My computer runs stable.

Edited by abbenano, 25 September 2013 - 04:57 AM.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hi

Temperature looks fine so it is not a thermal issue. Please try the below steps.

:step1:Clean install Nvidia driver.

Current version of display driver is a beta one and may contain bugs. Please uninstall the driver and associated components completely and install a known good stable version of the driver for testing.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-314.22-whql-driver.html

:step2: Uninstall Norton as a test.

There are Norton's kernel mode drivers can be seen in the raw call stack of one crash dump. Please uninstall Norton as a test and check how the system works.

#5 abbenano

abbenano
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Thank for the reply!

I will report back in 2 weeks if i find any problems. We could hope that that downgrading the graphic card solved the problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users