Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video TDR error resulting in PC constantly turning off and on

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Wulfsbach

Wulfsbach

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

After about a year of use of my pc I started getting a video tdr error which I figured was a software issue so I re-installed windows and that fixed it for about 2 months. After about 2 month the problem returned and instead of restarting like it normally does it would begin to turn off and on when I hit the power button. The only way to get it to start up was to take out the lithium battery on the motherboard and then put it back in. At this point not even removing that battery works anymore and I cannot start up the pc.

I have re-installed windows again however this time my date got set to 2004 for some odd reason which I believe has something to do with the battery or cmos. I checked the voltages on my psu and everything seems normal and my bios reads normal reading for my psu.

Can't run memtest as the computer won't even start up.

As for the TDR I have tried changing Nvidia drivers and to previous ones but to no avail. My gpu temp hovers aroung 52-54c When playing games with max graphics. Any help would be much appreciated. If there is anything I may have missed  let me know and I will try it out. I was thinking on maybe replacing the lithium battery on my motherboard.

~~~~~~~~~

Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 3820 Processor (4x 3.60GHz/10MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i7 3820

RAM: 16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 - 2GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 1046MHz - Single Card

Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 -- 4x USB 3.0

Power Supply: 1050 Watt - Corsair CMPSU-1050HX

Harddrive:1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users