Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 wont start up without using safe mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nigelfraser

nigelfraser

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

Around a week ago as I closed the computer down one evening, there was a MS update running, I allowed the update and the computer shut down.

The next morning my laptop would not start up. It would load to the password login screen and no further. I was able to go into safe mode and run system restore and this would then allow me to use the computer as normal, I was not able to use a recent restore point though. On rebooting I would be faced with the same problem.

I have updated all my security programs in safe mode with networking and run them but so far they have found nothing.

I have used Microsoft Security Essentials

Malwarebytes (the database was corrupted and was downloaded again)

Adaware

Superantispyware

WinPatrol has not notified me of any suspicious activity

in addition I have run a couple of online scans (I forget which ones)

I have run start up repair but apparently this has not fixed my problem. I am using online armour as a firewall. I am not convinced that I have any virus and my security is pretty comprehensive but I am at a loss to what to try next and would appreciate some help if possible.

There are no unanswered prayers but sometimes the answer is no.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigelfraser

nigelfraser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

Following another Microsoft update this appears to be resolved now.

There are no unanswered prayers but sometimes the answer is no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users