Hi, can anyone help me please on this. I have a dell optiplex 745. one day when i start my pc. the orange light on in power button but computer wont start. i google this situation and found a solution on this site http://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-the-Dell-OLOD-Orange-Light-Of-Death/. i done that step by step wizard. these steps are
Step By Step:
(Disconnect all cables, Inc the power)
1. Open the case of your Dell Pc
2. On the power supply box (top right) find the GREEN wire
(The green wire will almost always be the power switch on all Pc's)
3. Cut it at around the middle
4. Strip Both Ends
5.Find a long enough piece of wire that will reach to the front of the pc
6. Solder the GREEN wires back together but putting your seperate peice of wire inbetween them
7. Tidy them up with zip ties and shrink tubing (Electrical Tape if not)
8. Plug the power cable into the pc
9. Hold the wire onto the chassis of the pc
10. If the fans start at full speed, press the power button and let the wire off
11. your pc should be running as normal.
i done all this but now there is no orange or any other light on power button, when i plug the power supply cable just a orange light on motherboard is on and nothing happen. can anyone please help me...