Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox v24 - Cannot set preferences in 'user' account

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GoshenBleeping

GoshenBleeping

• Members
  • 264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit

I have 2 accounts on my laptop: an admin account & a user account.
I installed Firefox v24 (after completely uninstalling v23 using Revo Uninstaller) in the admin account and was able to set options such as the home page, etc. When I logged into the user account, setting the options does not work. For example, I set my home page to be about:blank & told Firefox not to check to see if it is my default browser. Then I exited Firefox. When I relaunched Firefox, it did not remember any of the options I had set - none!!!

Am I doing something wrong? If not, then Firefox is no longer a browser I can use.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

You're not doing anything wrong. Standard user accounts are allowed to make changes to firefox.

Follow this guide here and see if you're allowed to make changes after doing the steps it suggests.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 GoshenBleeping

GoshenBleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

Thank you so much - the very first item in the Firefox document solved the problem.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Your welcome. Thanks for choosing us as your resource for help and happy computing :busy:

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users