Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ALL jacks are not working, front and back

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MkAdvil

MkAdvil

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

I have done a lot of troubleshooting myself already. HOURS and HOURS, now i need some professional help.

MOBO: ASUS M4A88-t EVO/USB3 

Here is what I have done:

Rolled back drivers

Updated drivers from MOBO website

uninstalled and re-installed EVERYTHING

broke open case and made sure HD audio chord was in correct place

went through bios to see that everything was configured correctly

Had though that maybe it was being caused by a recent change to crossfire with a DVI chord in main video card, but undid all that and didnt help.

Whatever yall need let me know. Built this computer from scratch and problem only started within last few weeks. ANNOYING

THANKS (love this site, super useful tool)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

How long ago did this happen? And were all the jacks working before, were you using them?

#3 bory504

bory504

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

If all jacks are not working, how were you able to troubleshoot drivers and reinstall everything? Need to be a little more descriptive. Since you said HD audio chord, Im assuming you are talking about all of your "sound" jacks right?

Sincerely, Blake.

7 year Computer Hardware + Software Technician.

Operations Technician at a retail company.

Rhythm guitarist for the band Headspill.

:guitar: 

#4 MkAdvil

MkAdvil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Jacks have nothing to do with the operating system which is why I could mess with drivers. My problem is that the HDMI audio works but the 3.5mm jacks for speakers mic etc are all not working. This includes the jacks on the front of my computer case which are supposed to be activated through the HD audio ac97 chord which goes to the mobo.

As to the length of problem. It has been so long I don't remember when it was working last. I think was after I installed realtek drivers a few weeks ago.

#5 bory504

bory504

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

Are you trying to have audio go through your monitor/tv AND speakers at the same time?

Sincerely, Blake.

#6 MkAdvil

MkAdvil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

No. I used to be able to at least use my mic and have the monitor/tv sound working, but now i cant even do that. When i plugged in headphones it also used to mute the monitor/tv, but since all jacks arent working thats obviously not happening anymore. 

#7 bory504

bory504

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

Did it just stop working all of a sudden? Or did it start when you possibly unplugged something or installed something? Its a rather wierd issue and sounds like you did a good bit of troubleshooting already. I had a couple instances where I had my speakers plugged in a 3.5 jack and when i plugged in a USB headseat/mic it muted my external speakers.

Sincerely, Blake.

#8 MkAdvil

MkAdvil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Main problem is that I dont use my mic or headphones all that often except for intense gaming. In between sessions it could be any number of things that caused this to happen. I dont have a USB mic/headphone so I dont think thats it

#9 bory504

bory504

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

Hmm theres not too many other options I can think of. Sometimes when I hook my laptop up to my TV through HDMI, I have to switch the default sound from onboard to HDMI in order for me to hear sound on the TV. You may have a similar situation. You can also try setting your sound scheme to windows default, old trick but you never know.

Edited by bory504, 26 September 2013 - 04:57 PM.

Sincerely, Blake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users