Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

am lost

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 talibandawg

talibandawg

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

hey all

Hey all!! I have a dell Optiplex gx620 pc that beating the ******** out of me... I am trying to install windows xp on it but it keeps freezing at copying driver.cab file an some times even before it reaches there... I took out the hard drive an put it in another computer an it installed with no problems.. So i took i the drive out an put back into the dell an it won't boot I got a blue screen.. So i tried to install windows 7 onto it an it stops at starting windows after loading files.. so i took it out again an placed it in another computer an installed windows 7 onto the hard drive with no problems an placed it back into the dell an same thing stops at starting windows...... So i am trying to run memtest86 an it keeps on freezzing after a few tries it did one pass with no errror but when it was doing the 2nd passed it froze up.. i am using 1 ram a time.. can some direct me to what is going on pleasecry.gif

Btw am using a boot cd to run mem test i burned a few cd just in case was a bad burn but all did same thing freezes up

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

Hello -

I am not sure why you have this in "Quote tags" ? unless you have pulled it from another topic -

You want to "Install XP or Windows 7" seems to be the basis of your topic.

What was already on the Dell Optiplex gx620 prior to this ??

Have you replaced the HDD or the Mother Board or other components have failed ??

Thank You -

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

See replies to your topic at http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=280258 .

I suggest that you stay with that topic...opening same topic at various forums just makes things more complicated than they have to be.

Louis

#4 talibandawg

talibandawg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

See replies to your topic at http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=280258 .

I suggest that you stay with that topic...opening same topic at various forums just makes things more complicated than they have to be.

Louis

opps sorry thought would be nice to hear from different forums..

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

:thumbup2: , the problem with that is that...no two persons see things in the same way.  Considering the myriad of causes for system problems, asking for suggestions from multiple forums is likely to result in multiple perspectives...none of which are guaranteed to to problem resolution, but combined...are certainly likely to lead to different paths/approaches to the stated problem.

Pursuing a different path...after one is leading nowhere...is more likely to be beneficial as opposed to trying to go everywhere at one time :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users