Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows won't Logoff without Hanging/Crashing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Old-Bonezee

Old-Bonezee

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

I've been cleaning up a friends PC in Safe Mode after frequent crashes. SuperAntiSpyware removed piles of Trojans & Spyware including the persistent BupProtector.

Now all clean (at least, according to SuperAntiSpyware), but crashes when logging on to a new Admin account in Normal mode. Will logon to existing user account in Normal mode, and appears to run stable, until Logoff or Shutdown, when it hangs whilst "Logging off", and eventually dumps.

Win 7 Event Viewer shows Event ID 1001 source Brother BrLog at time of hang.

I guess I should uninstall Brother printer drivers.

Please help.

Edited by hamluis, 24 September 2013 - 10:47 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Old-Bonezee

Old-Bonezee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Please close this post.
I couldn't wait any longer and resorted to backing up docs/settings and restoring factory image.
Sorry this was not interesting enough for BleepingConputer experts. I guess I should have posted more details of the exact PC spec, OS, and exact error messages. Maybe try again one day..... there again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users