Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 intermittent freeze with one user but not others

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 opeyruss

opeyruss

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hi,

My system freezes intermittently when logged in with 1 particular user but not when logged in with other users.  The user that is freezing has more processes running, expecially a lot of svchost processes.  I've done a complete virus scan with avast (including a boot scan at startup) and scanned with malware bytes as well and both came up negative.  Anyone have a clue?  Any help would be Greatly Appreciated!

Thanks!

Opey Russ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Browser add-ons would be my target.

Louis

#3 Staithe

Staithe

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Agreed, plugins can tend to be an issue after you've ruled out the viruses .  Usually AdwCleaner purges the leftovers that other utilities miss.  If that doesn't help, perhaps there is an issue with your user profile.  Often times when it's isolated to just one user, my solution is to  just create a new user, copy over any data I want to keep and delete the old account. 

#4 opeyruss

opeyruss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Thanks, I'll try ADW Cleaner first.  If that doesn't work then I'll create a new user and copy as recommended.  I'll let you know if it works!

Thanks again for all your help!

Opey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users