Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desperate to Record Only Audio From Java/Flash

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 btbraun

btbraun

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hi - I have a ton of online training modules I have to do for my new job that require a fair amount of memorization.  The training involves me signing in to the training site, picking a course and clicking through the pages while a recorded voice reads through the text on the page.  It's somewhat interactive and is broken up into chapters with quizzes.  Each course is about 3-6 hours. 

It's fairly complex stuff for me and I want to record only the audio portions once I've finished a course so I can replay in my car.  I'm a territory manager and I cover a multi state area so I have tons of time to listen.  I've tried using the recorder on my cell phone placed next to my laptop speaker as I click through the screens but the recordings are awful and have a ton of background noises including my dog barking every 10 minutes.

I'm looking for an easy way that I can use something like the sound recorder on my laptop to record the sound signals going to the speakers rather that the input from the microphone.  My hope is that I can start a program, hit record, click through the pages of the course, and ultimately burn them to disc to play via the cd player in my car.

I'm not a super genius and I don't have 10 hours to figure this out myself.  The website appears to play the courses via Java and Flash and it may also use Shockwave.

Can anyone give me a hand with this - I'm fairly desperate to get this done today before I leave on the road for the week tomorrow.  

Thanks in advance!

-Beans

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wing987

wing987

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

try looking at some of these:

http://download.cnet.com/Free-Sound-Recorder/3000-2170_4-10698910.html

If you were looking for a full video download I would recommend the Torch browser (although some are against it as it is also a torrenting system if you choose to use it that way).

-- Windows 7 Ultimate on custom built system, Windows 10 on under powered laptop. Sophos UTM 9, Ubuntu Server and Windows Server 2008 R2. HyperV Virtualization --

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality," John F. Kennedy

#3 btbraun

btbraun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Thanks - as a side note; I should have mentioned that I'll be using my company computer (no problem with downloading or recording) and its Windows 7 64 bit.  Just thought I should point out that its different than the computer in my profile.

I'll give it a try - thanks again.

-Beans

#4 mhoss49

mhoss49

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

http://www.guidingtech.com/5729/13-free-software-rip-audio-from-video/

Please take a look at this link. I don't know if any will work since don't know what format your tutorials are. Nothing to lose. If there is an option that will allow you to view a/v tutorial using youtube I know these will work. You can rip audio already formated in mp3 or maybe H263 (phone), etc.     Good Luck !!!

Edited by mhoss49, 23 September 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#5 btbraun

btbraun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

Thanks - one of the things I'm trying to avoid is having to hit record again every time I click next to go to the next page thereby creating a ton of individual snips that I have to go back and join together.  There would literally be hundreds of them - hence why I tried my cell phone recorder first.  It recorded one nice long recording - if you don't mind dogs, kids, phone ringing and all the other unintentional things that wound up being recorded.  Think flatulence... :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users