Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Volunteer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 farmall

farmall

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

I am officially retired.  However I often have to take a vacation from retirement because I am too busy.  Some of  my volunteer time is helping community members with their computer issues.  I don't charge for my efforts because that would make me a professional and then people would expect their computer to work.  This week I am helping a friend retrieve their computer login in password.  No recovery disk, no oringnial dvd...... you know.  They were using face recognition to log in but it doesn't seem to work.  Should be fun and thought this forum would be helpful.  Should be fishing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

:welcome: Welcome to BC!

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 Mr Young

Mr Young

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

welcome to the forums. that certainly sounds like a challenge for sure. always wanted some face recognition software.

#4 farmall

farmall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

Face recognition seems to work ok but lighting, location etc make the difference.  I have use fingerprint log in for years but I also know my user and admin password.

#5 Mr Young

Mr Young

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

ive always been interested in more sophisticated security, closest I ever came was a 128 bit encryption that came with a pushbutton keyring and dongle. you had to use the key ring or a stupidly long password, but again with having to still remember passwords. security definatly needs to head more towards truth and reality rather than memory and accuracy. DNA scanner would be pretty awesome and secure, but since its considered a 'long password' that will never change, it still needs to be backed up with something that decays rapidly in some way to keep it current and secure. sorry about heading into the realms of the abstract there oO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users