Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone Familiar With Autocad?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deltacoolguy

deltacoolguy

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:24 PM

I have also posted this in the Autodesk user's forum, but no one has offered any suggestions, so I thought I give this site a shot on this one, though I understand it may be too narrowly focused. Anyway, here's the problem:

My CHANGE PROPERTIES dialog box has become testy. When I pick something, under the "Design" tab, all I get is options for General, Plot Style, View, and Misc. No text or other modification options will come up. There is nothing under the "Feature Data" tab or the "Extended Data" tab. Those four options are the only ones that will come up regardless of what type of entity I pick. In the pull-down within the box it says "No selection". If I do make a change, say color for example, the change won't take effect. I can sort of play around with QSELECT and work around some of it, but if I have to do that every time, it's not a very time-effective solution, obviously.

It started on the same day that a new project was sent to me. Someone else had worked on these drawings prior to me, so I don't know what they did. I have been able to narrow the focus of the problem as follows:

- It appears to have started with the new drawings that were sent to me, and when I open those drawings, some setting somewhere gets re-set. It seems to get re-set globally, though maybe not necessarily in the registry, because if I open another "good" drawing in another project this setting follows along. If I save the "good" drawing, it is now "infected" (probably not the correct terminology, but that's what it feels like), as well. If I do not save the "good" drawing, it stays fine.

- If I exit AutoCAD entirely, then start the program again, everything is fine and the CHANGE PROPERTIES dialog box works as intended, as long as I do not go into an "infected" drawing. As soon as I go into an "infected" drawing, it gets re-set and stays re-set until I exit AutoCAD.

- I can start a new drawing, and as long as I haven't been in an "infected" drawing, it works fine.

- If I try to insert an "infected" drawing into a "good" new drawing, this setting follows along, and the new drawing is now "infected".

- Using the install disks, I have repaired the installation and the registry settings. Did not help. I have not tried a full re-installation, because since I can track it from drawing to drawing I'm not convinced it's a program issue.

- I do have Norton Security installed, and have read that that can cause registry settings to be wiped out, but I have repaired the registry and I can track the problem to a specific set of drawings.

- PICKADD is set to 1

I have tried to AUDIT the drawings and no errors are found.

Needless to say, I am at a loss.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:55 AM

Hi deltacoolguy.
Which version of AutoCAD are you using?
I use 2006 and had a few strange anomalies similar to that until I installed SP1.
Are you up to date as you can be with the appropriate hotfixes and service packs?

#3 deltacoolguy

deltacoolguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 28 April 2006 - 02:09 PM

Hi deltacoolguy.
Which version of AutoCAD are you using?
I use 2006 and had a few strange anomalies similar to that until I installed SP1.
Are you up to date as you can be with the appropriate hotfixes and service packs?

I'm using Land Development 2005. I believe I am up-to-date, or at least close, but not sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users