Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is 9500gt graphic card compatible with gigabyte H61 MS2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pkardam

pkardam

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

hi  i have sfx geforce 9500gt DDR2 1gb graphic card when i install and set display through this my display freeze and some line appear on my screen and after that the BSOD occurs i removed and reinstalled it many time but result is the same .
is it incompatible issue or

any setting from BIOS .

psu problem or other ?
my pc configuration are :-
i3 3rd gen cpu
gigabyte H-61ms2 mobo
4 gb ddr 3
1tb 500+500 gb hdd .
graphic card :-SFX GE force 9500gt DDR2 1gb graphic card
if ithis card incompatible with this mobo then plz suggest wich is best economical graphic card for highend gaming for this configuration .

it was working fine with my old 865 mobo .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

When does the display freeze? When you are getting the BIOS boot screens, etc? Or only after you boot into Windows?

If the latter, have you tried booting into Safe Mode and see if the same thing happens?

Are you using the latest drivers for it? If not, then try the latest drivers.

If you are using the latest drivers, then you might want to try an older version of the drivers.

#3 pkardam

pkardam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

AFTER START THE PC JUST AFTER FEW SECOND DISPLAY FREEZ AND SOME LINES APPEAR ON SCREEN THEN BSOD HAPPENS  CAN I INSTALL DRIVER BEFORE INSTALLING THE G.CARD COZ WHEN I GO FOR INSTALLATION OF CARD DRIVERS IT SAYS THERE IS NO NVIDEA  PRODUCT FOUND IN UR PC .,

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

AFTER START THE PC JUST AFTER FEW SECOND DISPLAY FREEZ AND SOME LINES APPEAR ON SCREEN THEN BSOD HAPPENS  CAN I INSTALL DRIVER BEFORE INSTALLING THE G.CARD COZ WHEN I GO FOR INSTALLATION OF CARD DRIVERS IT SAYS THERE IS NO NVIDEA  PRODUCT FOUND IN UR PC .,

To my knowledge, it is generally tough to install graphics card drivers without the graphics card installed. Many times the installer needs to detect the graphics card.

Is this your motherboard (I ask because you did not include the B3 part)?

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3917&dl=1#sp

If so, then it should be able to use that graphics cards (I assume you meant an XFX 9500GT, not SFX).

You did not answer all my questions? Do you see the POST messages?  Can you get into the BIOS?  Can you get into Safe Mode?

It is still not clear if your computer is freezing before Windows even starts or if it is freezing only after Windows starts.  If it is happening before Windows actually starts (i.e. you are not even getting POST or able to get into the BIOS, then it could be a hardware problem with either the graphics card or the mobo.  If it is happened after Windows starts, then there is likely something Windows does not like about the card (such as maybe a graphics driver for another card already install, which is why trying Safe Mode is suggested).

Did you have a different graphics card installed on this computer?  If so, did you remove the drivers for the previous graphics card?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users