Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to delete ANY files

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 moundtown

moundtown

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

I received a low disc space warning so I deleted about 10 GB of files (video and images) from the C: drive but it did not gain any free space. I rebooted and all the files I deleted had returned. The Recycle Bin is empty and I hold down the Ctrl key to delete the files directly. I did this a few times and the files always return. I even tried booting into safe mode, deleteing the files, and rebooting into safe mode again but the files keep coming back. What do I have to do to delete these files?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

You could try Unlocker,also have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320081

Odd to have so many undeleable files,hopefully someone with experience will reply.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#4 moundtown

moundtown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:30 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

Thanks but unfortunately the disc space is too low to save or install anything. It's actually reading zero right now.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,558 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

Please...move video files on C: to another storage device (hard drive, flash drive, CD/DVD) or partition.  Video files are generatlly the largest taking up space.

You can remove your hard drive...attach it to another system as a secondary...and then move files to create room on C:.

Louis

#6 moundtown

moundtown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

The problem was that I could not delete or move anything from the C: drive. When I tried the free space did not increase and after rebooting the files would be right back where they were.

I did find the problem after seeing the program name "Rollback RX" appear in several search results related to my problem. That program has been installed on my computer for a long time. Anyway, I uninstalled Rollback and the file deleting problem went away. Somehow the program became corrupt. I installed the latest version of Rollback RX and everthing is working fine.

Thank you to those who tried to help me with this.

Edited by moundtown, 24 September 2013 - 04:12 AM.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,558 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Glad you resolved it, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users