Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash pop up

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jlewers

jlewers

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

I keep getting adobe flash is trying to change something on your computer pop-ups.  Sometimes close to 10 pop ups a time. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

Hi Jlewers,

Can you be more specific about what changes adobe flash is nagging about ? The more information you can provide will enable us to better understand and provide assistance.

Thank You

#3 jlewers

jlewers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

I'm sorry it's taken me awhile to reply.  It took me awhile to figure out how to get some screen shots.  I'm trying to figure out how to get these 3 pictures to you but I do not see a way to add an attachment.  Can I use the "My Media"?  I don't see how to upload anything to it.  When the pop up is open, it will not let me do anything else, includng screen shots or prntScr.  I'm attaching 3 pictures we took with a camera... which I'm afraid didn't come out very good.  The first one is The big issue that we are noticing... the constant "Flash is asking for permission to make changes to your computer".   As you can see from the start bar at the bottom, it pops up constantly and in multiples anytime the internet is open.  When you click "view details", it shows the certificate path (2nd picture attached) but it does not let you view the certificate.  The third picture is another pop up that comes up sometimes. 

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Can you create a screenshot,, upload it to an image site such as Photobucket, Media Fire, TinyPic or ImageShack and provide a link to the url address back here?

To capture a screenshot, refer to:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,590 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Does the pop up you describe say anything permission rules?

Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Global Security Settings

You can set Flash Player to always ask your permission before letting SWF or FLV content use older security rules; always allow SWF or FLV content to use older security rules; or always deny SWF or FLV content the right to use older security rules. These options, at the top of the panel, apply to both SWF or FLV content that you use on the Web and that is stored locally on your computer.

Adobe - Flash Player Settings Manager

#6 jlewers

jlewers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

Does this work:

http://s1103.photobucket.com/user/Klewers/library/?view=recent

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,590 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

The first screenshot, "Potentially" harmful software detected" appears to be an Action Center alert. If you want a second opinion, submit the file to one of the following online services that analyzes suspicious files:--In the "File to Scan" (Upload or Submit) box, browse to the location of the suspicious file(s) and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis. If you get a message saying "File has already been analyzed", click Reanalyze or Scan again.

The second screenshot, "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer" is a User Account Control (UAC) alert asking if you want to allow Adobe Flash Player (probaby an update) to run.

The third screenshot is related to the certificate path for Adobe listed under VeriSign...My file shows the same. The Status indicates the certificate is Ok. When you display the signature details, there should also be a notation "This digital signature is Ok" under the General Tab along with Signer Information (name, signing time).

It appears you have Adobe Flash set to auto-update. I prefer to turn off auto-update and manually update Adobe when it needs updating so I know its me doing the update and not some fake malware.

How to disable auto-update notification in Flash Player
How to disable auto-update notification in Shockwave Player

The current version is: 11.8.800.175 dated 09/24/13 for IE, 11.8.800.168 dated 09/09/13 for plugin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users