Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Video Card?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blasteryui

blasteryui

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

Hey guys, so the card I want to get is an HD 5850. The requirements say 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors. I'm not sure if i have these or not? First, are these attached to the power supply? I have this power supply http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811148044 .. is it compatible? From the pictures I've seen of 6-pin PCI, it doesn't look like my PSU has 6 pin? If this is the case, is there a converter or anything i can use? If not my second question is if i don't have the 6 pin, whats the best video card out that I can use that just uses X16 slot? Thanks guys

My specs are as followed
CPU: Intel Core i3-2105 with Intel HD 3000 Graphics 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 

RAM: CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

LOGISYS Computer CS206BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer SOHO Case 480W Power Supply

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

The six pin power connector is part of the power supply connections, YES, BUT the link you provided does not give any information about the power supply other than the fact that it is a 480 watt supply.

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

There are many adapters available online from Molex, SATA to PCIe(4 to 6) converters. You must physically check the current available connections for your PSU.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users