Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win8 constantly tries to reinstall ITSELF on start up!?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Edie01

Edie01

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Hi,

I run Windows 8 x64. During the last few days Windows 8 kept on trying/pretending to reinstall itself on start up/turning on my notebook. Colors of the screen changes I am asked to be patient and 2 or 3 mins later an empty--no tiles--start screen is showed and my account's name. No settings available on the right except Sleep/Switch off/Restart. A few turning on and off and then I used to be able to use Win8, but now it I am unable to do so anymore. Actually, today it's trying to do so constantly, so now I'm using Puppy Linux Live CD 5.2.8. to be able to ask for some help.

Recently I changed BIOS settings to be able to boot live CD. Yesterday I set all settings to default.

I guess its a Win8 bug, isn't it?

Well, I have no hot F keys to boot in safe mode, so actually I am unable to boot Win8 at all.

I don't think that I have any kind of malware, but Windows 8 bug/s.

Please help and tell me what to do! (Pls note, that I cannot run any diagnostic program under Win8, since I cannot boot. I can use Linux or bootable CD only.)

Thx for your help in advance!

Edited by Edie01, 22 September 2013 - 09:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jaw20

jaw20

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

Plz show me a pic of what happens when you boot the computer.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

You will find instructions for booting into Safe Mode here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Edie01

Edie01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

Unfortunately I cannot take a screenshot, but I can describe the process. Very long boot time, the log in screen shows up I enter my password of my account then black screen for a long time then "Please be patient till your machine ready to use". Colors changing blue, green, yellow, red, a screen that shows and tells me to drag the mouse into the right corner after installation succeeded, then start screen comes up with my account's name and no tiles. Dragging mouse into the right corner the menu comes up, but nothing can be set, except Sleep/Switch Off/Reinstall.

#5 Edie01

Edie01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Oh, thank you! Yes, I can get Advanced Options by pressing F4. Automatic Repair sounds promising, but doesn't help. :(  I didn't know how I can get to Safe Mode.

Do you happen to have any further idea what to do?

#6 jaw20

jaw20

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

Just one question. Does it say on boot Diagoning problems?

#7 Edie01

Edie01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

No, it doesn't. By the way, it came across my mind that last week it did the same and said that Win 8 was unable to boot and should have been reinstalled. Then I restarted my notebook and everything was O.K., so did not reinstalled Win8--I did so 2 months ago for the same reason... Win8 wasn't able to boot...

#8 Edie01

Edie01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Pls someone help me!

I tried to run Bitdefender Bootkit Remover both x64 and x86. x86 seemed to cause BSOD, but in the end just reloaded desktop icons and none of them could be run. x64--nothing happened. I ran Bitdefender Rescue CD--watched the tutorial video. Well, the rescue cd didn't start scan automatically my Windows 8. I didn't even find C:\ at all. So, I couldn't have my OS scanned. The same happened using Kaspersky Rescue CD and AVG Rescue CD.

I guess there is something wrong in my BIOS or MBR. Avast! MBR bootable scanner wasn't really able to run.

I don't want to reinstall my Win8 no way! I rather use Live CD, but of course I would like to use my Win8.

Can any of you can help me?

Can it be a hardware problem--BIOS?

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

Open malware topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508734/bootkitbios-malware/#entry3165310 , please respond to that topic to completion...before starting any other topics in other forums.

This topic is closed to avoid confusion and possibly conflicting suggestions..

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users