Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

difference between these

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vishwam anatham

vishwam anatham

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

what is difference between directly downloading a software and downloading through down loader

if i download a software i could find it in my system which i use it later for installing even in other systems

but i downloaded  a software through en.softonic down loader  and i could not find the file and it automatically started installation 

how did it happen please tell me briefly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

It depends in part on the kind of software you are downloading. A lot of software downloads start off by downloading an installer which needs to be 'run' to install the actual application. Some software comes, as it were, complete and may just install.

It also depends on your browser settings. IE, by default, offers three options when you donwload a file 'Run / Save / Cancel'. If you click 'Run', the file will immediately start to run as soon as the download is complete. Firefox, by default, only offers the choices 'Save / Cancel'. If, as I do, you have it set to ask for a 'Save' location, you then get the the 'Save as' dialogue box, save it and then run it. If it isn't set to ask for a location, then it will save it into your downloads folder in MyDocs.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users