Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows vista w/mozilla browser - nagging pop ups

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pfrancz

pfrancz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Dear List:

We are having Vista, browser Monzilla difficulties. We'd appreciate the communities help.

We updated the version but always receive nagging "shop websites" pop ups and "your media player is outdated, download a new program" browser openinigs. One clicks them off, and the browser goes to the requested page.

I have run every Security Essentials, scan  tool and spyware removal app recommended.

ie. stinger, antispyware, malwarebytes, cwshredder, rkill, unhide, tdskiller, spybot, adaware, ccleaner, micsecurity essentials.

Is the popup program embedded in monzilla. IE doesn't have this issue. Running "permissions mgr" in monzilla stops it but you need to click to let any site open, it asks permission each time.

Fresh versions of monzilla don't cure it.

Any help would be great , thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pfrancz

pfrancz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

We greatly appreciate your great service by providing these tools and sw to us all.

You all are highly recommended by "SOUND BYTES" the national pc/computer, and media radio program.

They especially tout your rkill, unhide, and tdsskiller sw to assist in removal of harnful and hidden programs.

We hope to write in and contribute when possible to your forums.

Thank you all very much,

pfrancz

Edited by hamluis, 22 September 2013 - 05:39 AM.
Merged from Introductions - Hamluis.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

Hello pfrancs. having run all those tools it appears we need a deper lok to find it.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.

I am deleting your other  post so we don't waste anyone else time if they reply.

Edited by boopme, 21 September 2013 - 08:48 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users