Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

overheat, BSOD, crashes, laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 g.o.b.II

g.o.b.II

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

so this is an older laptop I have, it had an overheating problem because I couldn't clean the fan because I wasn't confident in taking all the components needed to access the heatsink. I got BSODs and crashes, on both normal mode and safe mode.

On normal mode the computer would boot relatively fast an okay, but once the desktop appears, computer becomes more unresponsive and I see a few error messages about a few services and programs not being able to start and after a while the computer crashes.

On safe mode, the computer would runsmoothly for a little while until it crashes without notice

I replaced the ram, and now it seems like the computer don't crash in safe mode anymore, but normal mode still has the same problems I had prior to replacing the RAM.

Could my motherboard be fried? Or maybe the data on my HDD got damaged?

The laptop's an ACER 5517 with Windows 7

Edited by hamluis, 22 September 2013 - 06:50 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

Try running the OEM's built in diagnostic test - Hardware - Performance - Boot test. Most newer laptops comes with certain utilities that is accessible in windows or in boot mode (BIOS).

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users