Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 patch110

patch110

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:03 PM

hi i'm having problems with my display its a crt monitor coupled to a pny 6800gt graphics card. the problem is that i get broken graphics all over the screen as if its tearing then it will flicker off then back on again as clear as day but then soon repeats itself. the card is fitted in my medion pc which has no case fans whatsoever so could this be a heat problem. thanks in advance

(Moderator edit: expanded topic to better describe problem. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 26 April 2006 - 02:43 PM.

Pentium 4 skt478@3Ghz
2.5Gb DDR400 Ram
Pny Geforce 6800gt
Bog Standard Msi Mobo
160Gb seagate HDD
Jeantech 450w Psu

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Modding Fan

Modding Fan

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:13 PM

I'm thinking it's one of two potential issues.

Either it's heat, if you have no case fans (and no airflow) through the case, that's not good. Is there an exhaust port on your case where you could fit a fan?

Beyond that, it may be the monitor itself. How old is it? Are you running a refresh rate or resolution that is *just* outside it's listed specs?

One other thing, if it's really random...you don't have any non-shielded speakers (strong magnets) next to the monitor do you? This is a "way out there" thought...but...a thought nonetheless.
Pirates are way cooler than ninjas. -Jinx.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users