Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD after installing driver for graphic card

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 99muhamed99

99muhamed99

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

Ok so a few day's ago my friend gave me his old (working) graphic card Nvida geforce gt 240. After putting it in i downloaded drivers from nvida website and installed them, after the installation it restarted my computer and i got the Blue Screen of Death and it said MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. So i had to start it in Safe mode and un-installe the drivers and restared my PC then it worked again.

So i took out the graphic card and put my old one again installed the drivers and it worked fine.

So I downloaded BlueScreenView and it says the problem is ntoskrnl.exe (NT Kernel & System).

I did some research and found out it could be something with my RAM or Hard Drive, but I dont think this is the problem because my old card works fine. 

Please help, this Graphic card that my friend gave me is much better then mine and i want to get it working.

What do u think is the problem and what should I do to fix it?

My set-up is:

CPU: Intel pentium D 935 3.20 GHz

Motherboard: G41MT-S2PT (Gigabayte)

RAM: 2 GB DDR3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

The problem is older NVidia cards will not work with the newest NVidia drivers. You have to install one of their older drivers to get it to work properly. I am not sure what driver that particular card requires, BUT DonPedro could tell you because he is an expert on NVidia cards.

SO, go to this site :  http://www.k6plus.com/phpBB3/index.php?name=PNphpBB2  and make a post there asking for DonPedro's help on this matter.

Edited by JHMcG, 21 September 2013 - 08:49 AM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

What drivers did you install?

Have you tried these?

If you click on the Supported Products you will find the Gforce GT 240 listed in the 200 series list.

Before you install the drivers you will need to uninstall the others first.  Uninstall the graphics driver last.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 99muhamed99

99muhamed99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

First I installed the newest driver from nvida site and it didnt work i got the BSOD then I tried to install 191.07 driver and still got the BSOD. Will try those drivers now.

Could it be because of Windows XP?

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

These drivers should be compatible with XP.

Did you uninstall the previous drivers before installing the new ones?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users