Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109) Crashes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 InsideIT

InsideIT

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Original post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508453/strange-critical-structure-corruption-109-crashes/

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster. I have a clients laptop that has been crashing with CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109) and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a) BSODs. (debug output below)

It *really* looks like bad memory and before I go out and buy some, I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts? This is what I've done:

• Ran both the built-in memory diagnostic and memtest86, both fine
  • scandisk c: /r /f -- no bad sectors (twice)
  • Updated all drivers that needed it in device manager
  • Cleaned up unnecessary services and startups
  • Scanned for and removed malware with 3 engines
  • Disabled the swap file
  • Ran sigverif.exe -- all OK
  • Hitachi HD

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InsideIT

InsideIT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

Just an update -- and I know I neglected to post the dds.txt log, sorry about that.

In any event, I used bootrec.exe to create a new MBR and the crashing problem seems to be resolved.

Thanks for all the help.

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users