Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank paper icon

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Appletreezria

Appletreezria

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Okay, as the title states I'm getting blank paper icons, but only in one specific folder. Any folder in my Documents folder refuses to show the windows 8 folder icon.

And some folders inside of any of the said initial folders are blank white paper as well, while others are showing it perfectly fine. The other strange thing is, is when I take all the files out of the blank folders and move them to another folder, the said blank folder resets itself and the folder icon suddenly works. Now this is for medium and tile view of the icons. It was at first only doing it on the large view, but now it's only those two views.

Any help would be appreciated. My windows is up to date and I've scanned for virius and malware with nothing to show. I've also restarted it as well.

I've attached a screenshot of the folder.

Attached Files

• Attached File  01.jpg   29.11KB   6 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myopinion

myopinion

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

You can try rebuilding the icon cache database for starters.

Here is one way of doing the above:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/bea47202-d869-4155-8c8f-2a5b8bd7be1d/forum-faqhow-to-rebuild-icon-cache

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users