Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[Question] What are some good programming languages for SysAdmin/Security?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 b4dh3r0

b4dh3r0

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hello,

I recently landed my first tech job as a hardware tech and sys admin. I know a little bit of BASH and am alright with CMD. I'm trying to get an idea for what other programming languages are out there that would be of use to me. Personally, I use Linux and enjoy cross-platform tools. I love scripting and automation and am becoming pretty familiar with the CISCO CLI but wanted to get community thoughts on languages specific to this focus. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Edited by hamluis, 19 October 2013 - 03:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RobinHoodSnr

RobinHoodSnr

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Try AutoIt....i use it for all my utilities and stuff...Excellent language to learn and easy too ---> http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/

you can also use it to VBscript....or even AD VBscript into it...

..you just need to join before posting (far as i can recall)

Edited by RobinHoodSnr, 30 October 2013 - 09:29 AM.

...We all know something...but we will NEVER know everything :grinner:

Cryptlocker "Process" remover...will NOT delete Cryptolocker, only the processes...( a "safety precaution" I took for those who still want to "try" paying the ransom to get their files back. DON'T FORGET TO MONITOR YOUR TIME LEFT BEFORE PAYMENT! )

("KillCrypt" will automaticly open %appdatadir%...just guide this to Cryptolocker-Virus and double-click on it. Remember...if you "restart" your system, the processes will be back...use this only for emergencies if you want to create a quick document. While this processes is killed, your docs wont get infected, but WILL be encrypted (unusable) when you restart the PC/Laptop OR clicking on the Virus again!!!)

#3 b4dh3r0

b4dh3r0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

Thanks, I've used AutoIt before and its very helpful. I'll check it out.

#4 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

Are you on windows only?  I use both AutioIt3 and AHK.  But they are strictly Windows.  For portability you may want to check out Perl and Python.  Also you can get bash shell and many Linux tools for Win32.

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users