Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire Charging Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ~Polky

~Polky

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5552-3691 with Windows 7. The problem I'm having is it won't charge.

When I plug it in, it does not register the charger in the lower left side of the screen, but the lights that indicate the computer is on and plugged in flash, which is not normal.

The steps I've taken so far have been

• trying another charger (which I know supplies power to, but will not charge, another computer), which also did not register but caused flashing.
  • putting the computer in hibernate mode and leaving it on its original charger for a few hours. I would have expected the charging light to turn off by now but it hasn't.
  • researching the problem, discovering it might be a variety of problems and deciding to ask for help.

I wouldn't feel comfortable opening the computer to check the motherboard since I use this computer for school and have shamefully not backed it up for a few months. So if it comes to that, I'd probably have to take it to a repair person.

At the moment, the computer is still on the charger.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users