Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC won't boot after trying to fix bsod caused by dxgmms1.sys

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ajaxnyc

ajaxnyc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hi,

Gateway pc, quad-core running win7 64bit windows. Since yday it had bsod caused by dxgmms1.sys, after googling i updated the driver for nvidia GeForce gt120. After this was done, pc shutdown itself again, and this time i couldn't even boot it(it won't even come I the bios page).

Pls help. Thx in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pieterw3

pieterw3

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

Just to be clear it does not come to the BIOS screen?

Let us hear how you do.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

FWIW: Users with OEM (HP, Lenovo, Gateway, etc.) should obtain drivers for said systems from the system manufacturer website...rather than attempting to use generic drivers from chipset manufacturers. If such drivers are not available at the system manufacturer's site...that would be the time to search elsewhere.

Louis

#4 ajaxnyc

ajaxnyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Hi

last nite i didnt even hear a beep after the pc went bsod

but this morning i can turn it back on, i entered safe mode, followed your instruction to uninstall all nvidia drivers, then installed the geforce driver using the link you provided (installed from a flash drive).

now as im writing this email, things are good. if there are any problems, i will let you guys know. but so far so good, i was worrying if i can finish this post :-)

many thanks

Just to be clear it does not come to the BIOS screen?

Let us hear how you do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users