Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When Need For Microphone Occurs, Computer Freezes and Doesn't Unfreeze

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LoggedIn

LoggedIn

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

hi all,

I have weird problem with my computer with all programs (both desktop and web) that anyhow (for any its feature) needs microphone. For example online webchats (so called java chat rooms), messengers, google voice (inside gmail.com), etc. So just about anything that would anyhow need microphone in order to work. My sound card works perfectly. Never any problems but I tried to update drivers anyway and no luck. As soon as I open the program that needs microphone, the whole computer permanently freezes. CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't help. I can only press button and hold it pressed for forcing shutdown on pc box. OS is windows xp. I tried several virus/malware cleaning tools, even posted computer logs on forum where are registered people as malware cleaning experts and no viruses or anything like that was found. Its true that I have only 512 ram but this shouldn't be the reason for freezing computer when starting program's feature that needs microphone. For example I can login into gmail.com account which has google voice just fine. I can use it fine but when I get incoming phone call, when it starts ringing, the whole computer completely freezes just because the feature (accepting phone call) MIGHT need microphone. I would appreciate if anyone could please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

I would try uninstalling/reinstalling the soundcard drivers...and the microphone software, if there is any.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users