Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Considering upgrade to Office 2013 - potential problems with Office 2007 files?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

Hello, A charity is considering upgrading its workstations to Office 2013 from Office 2007. They have lots of files in the .docx, .xlsx, .xlsm, and .xltm formats that they would need to access on a daily basis. - Would the upgrade cause compatability problems with working with files created under these above formats?

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

To my knowledge, they should not have any issues.

#3 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

One issue we have come across is that textboxes are displayed differently in Office 2007 Excel when opening a .xlsm file that was created in Office 2010. - Eg they are in a different location on the worksheet, and resized.

The previous example is why I asked the question.

I've looked into this more (eg link1 and link2) but they don't mention textboxes really.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

#4 ysgi

ysgi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

I've been in IT for 20+ years and I can tell you that I have seen quite a few issues with Office 2013.  Mostly with Outlook, but Word and Excel too.  I know I won't be 'upgrading' any time soon.

-ysgi

#5 songcarolyn

songcarolyn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

There shouldn't be any problem. I have used the 2013. It works fine for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users