Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Returning user, looking for more quidance. glad to give PP donations 4 help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 oel26

oel26

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

hello all,

found this site in 2011 in an attempt to remove a google redirect problem. Since then, ive had few problems, until stumbling upon yet another rootkit. this time, i tried to fix myself...(BAD IDEA..severely damaged the registry among other things) and ended up just scrapping windows and installing Ubununtu 12.04, but not on a seperate HD partition.

So now, 3/4 of my HD is useless, and I manage to keep my PC funtional with Ububtu running on the remaining space. At this point, if theres no way to salvage my copy of vindows 7, im considering just putting a new internal HD in my laptop and starting from scratch with Ubuntu,or Win xp/7 if i can afford to purchace either. So with my personal laptop, thats where I,m at right now.

On a different note, Im also quite interested in maybe setting up a headless home servor at my house, so any and all advice is appreciated, and im more than happy to compensate those that provide me with advice/tips/guidance via Paypal. I work in IT, but in an admin position, so I can appreciate the value of this sort of service, and will tip accordingly.

Anyways, this home servor would require me to buy or build a decent servor or heavy duty desktop. If youre really interested in helping me out, let me know and I can provide further details. Right now,im thinking with all the devices running in my house right now, and i5 processor with 6-10 gb RAM and a TB HD might be sufficient? That being said, I really am no expert, so thats why Im here.

Any adviceis appreciated, and ANY response I find useful ill be rewarded via PP.

Peace!

and for further detail, just hit me up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users