Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firmware Update

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DJS063

DJS063

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

O.K. when originally wanting to do an Upgrade to Windows 8 i used VM to check it out.When i decided after alot of research to do the upgrade i used Windows 8 upgrade assistant.The message i receved on compatibilty was only one problem.Your PC Firmware doesn't support secure boot so you won't be able to use it in Windows 8.Secure boot requires firmware that supports UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and has the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database.Sure anyone who has UEFI like me received this message using this upgrade assistant.Through many hour and days of research on internet and other forums nobody seems to know how i can update my firmware,neither ASUS could advise me or Microsoft.To me i figured it should be a BIOS update,but no new ones are available for my system.So since i had no answers i decided just to do an install of Windows 8 Pro 64 bit (clean install) works well,faster then Windows 7.So far i like it.Only clue i have at this point was a site i found.Knowing my BIOS is a American Megatrend http://www.ami.com/Products/BIOSandEFIFirmware/AptioV/  Not sure if this is an answer to be able to do a UEFI install of Windows 8 Pro again to get full use of secure boot,GPT Partitions,but this is closest clue i got.BIOS stuff and flashing it can always be risky,rendering the motherboard inoperable,causing major issues,that i do not want to do.If anyone knows anything on this and can help with it would be very much appreciated i am stumped on this,i would like to take full advantage of my system,for now i can not.TY

by way ASUS Essentio cm6730 Intel i5 2320 3.0 ghz Motherboard P8H61-M-PRO

Edited by DJS063, 19 September 2013 - 01:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users