According to me CCleaners are used to remove unused and temporary files to make your computer perform faster . I don't think keeping 2 CCleaner at a time has any advantage or even has any harmful factor. so if one CCleaner is doing its work why another one is required?
CCleaner is a Brand name for a multi-use tool from Piriform. The program has some good uses.
You must be careful when you say > remove unused and temporary files < as some Unused files may not be Temp Files.
If you only want to use a Temp File Cleaner, then there are several specific tools just for that purpose.
This is the one more used here - Please download TFC, or Temp File Cleaner By Old Timer
* Download TFC from the download link above and save the file on your desktop.
* Close ALL running applications as TFC will terminate them before attempting to clean up the temporary files.
* Double-click on the TFC icon.
* When the program opens, click on the Start button.
* TFC will terminate the Explorer process and all running applications and then begin the process of cleaning out all of your temp folders.
* When done, press OK to reboot your computer and finish the cleanup.
Note: Depending on how much data is currently stored in the Temp folders, this process may take quite a while to remove all of the files, so please be patient.
Or another tool that was once just used for XP, but has now been upgraded to work up to Windows 7.
I use this on my XP and TFC on my Windows 7 as they are purpose designed tools.
Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune from Atribunes Home Page or HEREand save it to your Desktop.
Follow the instructions for the browser you use at the Home Page.
Read the instructions about the cookies. Delete what you do not need.
Double click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Check the boxes to the left of:
Current User Temp
All Users Temp
Temporary Internet Files
*Prefetch (Windows XP) only.
(I usually tick Select All since I normally use Internet Explorer on my XP)
The rest are optional - if you want to remove the lot, check "Select All".
Finally click Empty Selected. When you get the "Done Cleaning" message, click OK.
The advantage of ATF is that you do not need to close / save all work, as I ran it while typing this.
Thank You -