Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please tell me what i can do with this malfunctioning tablet

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ScreamingBanshee

ScreamingBanshee

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

Hello. I have an Android tablet and i hate it. It keeps sticking and halting. Sometimes it turns off. I need to use it this week for the actual purpose I bought it for but the shop i bought it from is closed for three weeks for refurbishment. Ive had it about 2 months and it freezes all the time. I cant open documents with word to go and kingsoft office keeps crashing. When ibtried to download a book reader i had before my factorybreset, playstore crashed 3 times in a row. I feel like throwing it against the wall!!!

Before the shop closed, the guy suggested a factory reset and see how it goes and if that doesnt sort it, we'll see about getting the latest operating system for it. The reset helped for bit but not long. i have been too busy to go back. I didnt know they were closing tge shop until today!

So how can i fix this on my own? Im up bleep creek without a paddle.

The syatem is running Androisb4.1.1. Thats all i know, sorry.

Edited by ScreamingBanshee, 18 September 2013 - 08:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Do another factory restore.

What's the make and model number?

#3 ScreamingBanshee

ScreamingBanshee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

I already did a factory restore, but as I said, that's only a short term fix. I'm basically asking how I can upgrade the operating system, etc for better, long lasting performance. If I'd wanted to do a factory reset every few days, losing all my apps and settings each time, wouldn't have bothered looking for a better solution.

It's a Versus Touchpad 8.

#4 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

Have you tried to contact Versus: http://www.versustablet.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

#5 ScreamingBanshee

ScreamingBanshee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

No, I haven't. I could try, I suppose. The problem with this, of course, is determining whether it's the hardware, OS or 3rd party software that's at fault. Always the same problem, with any system that uses open architecture. You can expect to be pushed from pillar to post. If I could have afforded Apple, I would have, because getting problems sorted with proprietary products and services is a one-stop shop. But I can't, so I'm stuck with this sh^tty Android system - and that's why I've come here to ask, in case others have the same problem and know what to do. I think I'll try my luck over at the Android forums...

Edited by ScreamingBanshee, 19 September 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#6 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

If it freezes running nothing more than the factory software, it's defective. Return it for a replacement.

#7 ScreamingBanshee

ScreamingBanshee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Okay, thanks, Doc. Its an inexpensive tablet. Recently, I have experienced mixed level performance. Does Android generally not crash at all with factory software? Could it be because it is inexpenive or could it really be defective?

#8 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

Most all of my personal stuff running Android is Samsung and I don't believe I have ever seen a "crash".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users