Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Has anyone come across this before

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peterfaux

peterfaux

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

I trust I am not contravening the rules here, I came across this in another forum and it raised my curiosity as to what it is.

Has anyone any ideas or come across it before. 

Win7 problem or infection

cheers peter

Edited by peterfaux, 18 September 2013 - 08:18 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Gen Chat - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

hmmmmm. Theres 2 ways to look at this, the first is  that looks staged. I want you to notice 2 things here. First about 10 seconds in, you see his tower, under the desk. Notice, there are absolutly NO cables attached to it whatsoever. Possibly, there could be another tower somewhere, however, judging by the location of the mouse and my next piece of evidence, I am going to guess this guy is left handed-most people put their towers by their dominant hand (not all but most). But, its the next argument that really ties it in-1 second later, you see little netbook to the left of the monitor, obviously powered up, with cables that, while its hard to tell, looks like it goes to a AV adaptor to the screen. Now, throughout the rest of the video, you catch glimpses of that netbook but never the screen-and it would be easy for the person with the video to manipulate the keyboard and mouse to "create this problem" while holding the camera.

On the other hand, the screen in the one image that does show the netbook is different (they could have changed it) and the tower being used could very well be on the right side of the desk out of view of the camera. I mean, after all, why would someone lie about something like this? I don't know. As for the problem, I would lean towards infection, or maybe hardware problem, but most likely an infection of some sort.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 peterfaux

peterfaux
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Hi patriot, I think the tower you are referring too is the back of one (white) of the two keyboards he disconnected, however if the notebook was connected then yes could a hoax.

thanks for the input.

cheers 

#4 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

Has anyone come across this before ?

With the greatest of thanks to Providence - NO !

Edited by yabbadoo, 19 September 2013 - 09:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users