Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti-Virus Pro is blocking the use of of manually starting pc in Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ana421

ana421

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hi,

I became infected yesterday with AntiVirus Pro through a What'sApp "voice mail" sent to my email.  I have read the instructions on how to safely remove the malware, but I cannot get my computer to run on Safe Mode.  

I have tried F8 upon starting my pc, but the option to run the pc in Safe Mode w/ an enabled network is not available.  I have manually tried to run Safe Mode through Start/Run/msconfig/ as stated in your instructions (thank you so much!) and before the System configuration utility box pops up, it is blocked by the AntiVirus Pro.  I get a pop up window saying that this file is infected.

I was able to download the Rkill program through your website on another computer and have saved it to a usb drive, I'm wondering if I can bypass running my computer on Safe Mode and install the Rkill instead and try to remove the malware? Would this get rid of the program then? I'm wondering if I do this, then if I can run the pc in Safe Mode?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Ana

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

Hi ana ,yes try in normal mode after running RKILL.

Then try again I Safe Mode/

What is your Operating System?

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users