Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google DNS adresses even if i dont use it?!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pajajn

Pajajn

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

Im using google chrome newest version. Im also using Duckduckgo search engine with https anonymous purpose 

But when i exit browser and clear cache and also clearing chrome cache with chrome://net-internals/#dns and then start i get the adress from google still............. 

ipconfig /displaydns and this appears :@:@:@ i fkn hate google i want it removed

clients4.google.com
record type 5 
ttl: 118
section:answer
CNAME record: clients.1.google.com 

www.google.com
record type: 1
ttl: 123
data length: 4
answer
A <host> Record: 80.239.174.89 

I dont wanna see something with google when i start my browser.........  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Changing a browser and search engine does not automatically change your DNS Server/s. Use your search engine(for your benefit I'm not saying Google) and look up 'how to manually change DNS server'.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

If you want to rid yourself of everything google, then I would recommend using another browser such as Firefox, Safari, Opera, Sea Monkey, and the various others out there.

Also the Address above is a client address probably one that is used to make sure that Chrome is updated upon start up.

This is how you change the DNS Servers to use whatever ones you were supplied with when you got your internet:

http://portforward.com/networking/static-win7.htm

Follow that guide, and also you may be able to change them via your router / modem as well.  However, most of the time they are not changeable so if your ISP pushes out Google's or another OpenDNS Server then you maybe stuck using those for all other devices.

#4 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Changing a browser and search engine does not automatically change your DNS Server/s. Use your search engine(for your benefit I'm not saying Google) and look up 'how to manually change DNS server'.

I am already using OpenDNS as my primary and secondary DNS server. I just wan't to know why those adresses occur when starting up Google Chrome browser and how to quit them from opening

for example firefox does not call any DNS adress upon startup so how can you block the chrome browser call? Please red the topic again cause i think you misunderstood everything 

Best regards

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

If you do not like, then why do are you wanting to use Chrome? I would just remove Google Chrome and not use it, because as you can see in my above posting, it is making a call to Google.com address to check for updates so your Chrome contains the latest flash update, and mozilla makes a network call to mozilla update servers and if you have addon's it will check those add on servers for updates as well.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

I didn't misunderstand you. You never said in your original post you used Open DNS. You're adding information after the fact.

I also agree with cryptodan. Using Chrome is most likely the culprit here. It's verifying version and checking update status. If you hate Google that much don't use Google tools or apps period and you should not see Google DNS's. Otherwise Google will check for updates and version numbers.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users