Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resolution Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 goods

goods

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

Hello!

I recently bought an HDMI to DVI cable so that I could play my PS3 on my monitor.  I plugged it in to my monitor and everything was working great, until I went back to my PC desktop.  The resolution had been changed.  I thought that it would be easy to fix--but apparently it's not.

When I go to my 'Display Settings' and try to change the resolution, no 1680x1050 resolution is possible/available.  This is the resolution I have been using with my PC for 4 years.  Strange that it just disappeared.  

Monitor and Video Card:

Samsung 2253BW Black 22", 2ms

ATI Radeon HD 4850

Not sure if anything else is relevant.

Thank you for reading; any help would be greatly appreciated!

AP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

As I understand it...using HDMI overrides the video driver output to the monitor.

You may have to reinstall the video drivers, indicating that output now is via the to the monitor and not via the HDMI cable.  Just a guess.

Louis

#3 goods

goods
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

Reinstalling drivers worked.  Thank you so much, Louis!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

:thumbup2: , happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users