Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

What's the best way to start Pogramming?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_slehmann36_*

Guest_slehmann36_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

Hi,

I have been into computers and technology for as long as i remember. Ive been trying to get started with programming for 2 years and havnt known where to start.

Does anyone have any tips on where to start?

Thanks

Simon Lehmann

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 terlan

terlan

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

code academy is a great way to get started. http://www.codecademy.com/

The lessons are easy to follow well written and structured. They explain things well and have good user forums you can use for help and advice. They have lessons using javascript, php, jquery, python and ruby. And they use fun example programs, little games, things like that.

Now you might think you dont want to learn web programming, but the fundemental principles of programming are the same no matter what language you use, so the things you learn here will serve you well for any language you decide to move on to. And it doesnt take too long to pick up basic programming skills using the code academy lessons.

I'm letting My daughter use the lessons there and she's creating little javascript games of her own (she's 10) simple little text games at the moment but it is great how quickly the lessons have brought her to that point and would highly recommend them to anyone as they are suitable for budding programmers of any age.

Also you might want to check out the coder dojo website (http://coderdojo.com/)  to see if there is one in your local area you could check out. these are great places to meet other people wanting to learn programming and pick up tips, tricks and lessons. They aren't everywhere yet, but they are popping up all over the world and are good places to learn as well.

Edited by terlan, 18 September 2013 - 03:23 AM.

#3 Guest_slehmann36_*

Guest_slehmann36_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

Oh cool. 

thanks for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users