Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer P215H monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Moe_P

Moe_P

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

Hope it's ok to post this here, Anyway, I bought a new Acer P215H monitor and with this wide screen I am not sure which resolution I should use to get the best effect, right now I have it set to the highest, 1280X1024.

The video card is an nVidia RIVA TNT2 M64

Just wondering if it makes any difference which setting I use.

Thanks

Moe_P

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

It's all a matter of preferencw :).  The user decides which supported setting...is most desireable.

1920 x 1080 is the maximum resolution supported by the monitor (same as this one)...whiile 2046 x 1536 is the maximum supported by your video card.

When you right-click on the desktop, click Properties...then click the Settings tab...you will see a graphical presentatio of all resolutions which are possible with your video card.  By moving the slider to the left or to the right,..and then clicking the Apply button,  you can try each of these.

Whichever you prefer is the one that you want :).

Just remember...smaller numbers present larger pictures on the monitor :).  I believe that 800 x 600 is the default XP resolution used by Windows before the correct video drivers are installed on a system.  This is the resolution that results when the system goes into safe mode (because motherboard drivers are not yet installed).

Anything supported that you can adjust the resolution to...are your options.

Louis

#3 Moe_P

Moe_P
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

Thank you Louis, will check that out.

Moe_P

0 user(s) are reading this topic