Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Mail Not Being Able To Compose Mail

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pieslave

pieslave

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

My yahoo mail will not open the window to compose a new email. When I click it and it opens slowly(20 seconds or so) and then click send email  nothing happens, the window to compose a email never opens. It is this way on my other yahoo ID's I use.  Is there any way this may be deliberate by somebody? Other than this my computer seems to be working  the same, maybe it is a yahoo problem but I asked a friend  in the same state and his email is working.

Let me  set up why I am suspicious I am in an yahoo group and asked a couple of people  there  by posting for help with a tech problem. You have to ask permission in this group before contacting anyone directly it is a group taboo so they say..  So one guy-- says "Feel free to contact me, you have my permission . . ." then the answer to a question, then "  But like said go ahead and send me an email with your problem; Oh, and a question on the side "do those trains ever get on your nerves when they pass by your house"  Since he was the owner of the group and I knew you can track an IP with a directly sent email it  did not freak me out too much and yes there is a train close by my place. When I tried to email him back was when I noticed  my mail was acting weird, then I tried my other ID's and  tried  unplugging the modem to see if a different IP would help.     I dont know if it is a yahoo thing or if he somehow did this to my computer.    What do you all thinK and I will update this as soon as I go to another town and use a totally different IP addy...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pieslave

pieslave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

My yahoo mail will not open the window to compose a new email. When I click it and it opens slowly(20 seconds or so) and then click send email  nothing happens, the window to compose a email never opens. It is this way on my other yahoo ID's I use.  Is there any way this may be deliberate by somebody? Other than this my computer seems to be working  the same, maybe it is a yahoo problem but I asked a friend  in the same state and his email is working.

Let me  set up why I am suspicious I am in an yahoo group and asked a couple of people  there  by posting for help with a tech problem. You have to ask permission in this group before contacting anyone directly it is a group taboo so they say..  So one guy-- says "Feel free to contact me, you have my permission . . ." then the answer to a question, then "  But like said go ahead and send me an email with your problem; Oh, and a question on the side "do those trains ever get on your nerves when they pass by your house"  Since he was the owner of the group and I knew you can track an IP with a directly sent email it  did not freak me out too much and yes there is a train close by my place. When I tried to email him back was when I noticed  my mail was acting weird, then I tried my other ID's and  tried  unplugging the modem to see if a different IP would help.     I dont know if it is a yahoo thing or if he somehow did this to my computer.    What do you all thinK and I will update this as soon as I go to another town and use a totally different IP addy...

It now seems to be working ok Maybe it was a Yahoo thing

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

I use AOL and it does the same thing from time to time. I usually just sign out/sign back in again and everything works normally.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 steven

steven

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

I've been having the same issues with yh. It seems like it's related to the new advertising gimmicks they have introduced to mail. (even though I've tried to opt out, they wont let me)

What seems to work for me is to wait for the page to fully load - ads and all. And if my cursor is hovered over an object and the object doesn't "highlight", I just reload the page.
I may switch to a paid email thing because of all the ads embedded in my email. I hate that stuff.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

What can I do about not being able to send, reply, or forward emails?
Can't send, forward, or reply to emails

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users