Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network drives vanishing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hispaladin

hispaladin

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

The issue I am having is that some of the mapped network drives on our network are randomly not remapping.  The most common is the home directory.  I have it set under active directory (oh yeah I am running a windows server 2008 network with mostly Win 7 and a few XP and vista machines) for each user under the profile tab--> home folder connect: H: to \\server\share\folder    Any ideas what would cause these to not map on random?  I cannot think of anything that is happening that fits with the problems, we have had some power outages that have dropped the servers but the machines have been back up and running since then.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 David D

David D

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Did you notice any errors in the event log of the local machine about the profile not loading?

Edited by David D, 16 September 2013 - 06:00 PM.

#3 hispaladin

hispaladin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

hmm... didn't check that.   I'll have to keep an eye out for that next time it happens.

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Do you have the "Always wait for network at computer startup and logon" GPO enabled? If not try to enable it and see if it helps with your issues. When you refer to not remapping, are they not remapping on startup, or are they just randomly dropping and then not remapping?

Edited by chrisd87, 17 September 2013 - 08:19 AM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#5 hispaladin

hispaladin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

No its more that they are not there in the morning after startup, I have not had any complaints of them just dropping in the middle of the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users