Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I uninstall search.conduit.com.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Cherub12

Cherub12

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

So far I've search high and low for this information, got some tips but none pan out.  It's as if the program is hiding from my programs and features list. like possibly it's there but it's calling it's self something different.  It just infested my computer a few days ago; knowing I hadn't installed anything in the last few days I simply uninstalled anything that had got installed since then (1 item), but that didn't work either.  Any tips?

Mod Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~bloopie

Edited by bloopie, 16 September 2013 - 11:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

If this isn't a virus AdwCleaner should remove it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Cherub12

Cherub12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Thanks - in light of the sheer number of things I've already done to remove it, such as Malwarebytes, and numerous other fourm tips, loading another program? ... well I'll try it, but the idea sounds discouraging at best.  Will let you know.

thanks

#4 Cherub12

Cherub12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

Unfortunately, AdwCleaner also won't rid my computer of seaarch.conduit.com . Prior to your suggestion I read that this is a virus, I'm not competent enough to say what specifically it is except very unwanted.

#5 Korkel

Korkel

• Banned
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Can you pleas post the logfile of AdwCleaner here? Download and install the Emsisoft Emercy Kit (EEK) update the program before you use it and choose a deep scan. Pleas note, this scan can take long.

Post the logfile in your next post, with the logfile of AdwCleaner.

Useful information!
EEK is not a realtime protection, it is just a scanner for infected computers.

#6 Cherub12

Cherub12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Was the above message intended for me or just anyone?  The reason I ask is because it sort of does, and sort of doesn't sound like it's addresses to me - thanks

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

The message is a disclaimer meant for anyone reading this topic.  It means that the program is not an active antivirus like AVAST!, AVG, Norton, etc.

This program only runs a scan for infections and produces a log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 Korkel

Korkel

• Banned
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

The message is a disclaimer meant for anyone reading this topic.  It means that the program is not an active antivirus like AVAST!, AVG, Norton, etc.

This program only runs a scan for infections and produces a log.

Yes, if you want realtime protection of Emsisoft: http://www.emsisoft.com/en/

#9 Cherub12

Cherub12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

Not to sound sarcastic but can you be more specific about what realtime protection of Emsisoft is?  I'm only asking because it's a topic that's not been introduced here - thanks

#10 Korkel

Korkel

• Banned
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

Not to sound sarcastic but can you be more specific about what realtime protection of Emsisoft is?  I'm only asking because it's a topic that's not been introduced here - thanks

Well, you can get an look on the website of Emsisoft http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/antimalware/ because there you find all the information you need.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Emsisoft is not an active antivirus, it is a retail antimalware program.

Our Malware Removal Teams here at Bleeping Computer suggest the use of Malwarebytes.  It is one of the better antimalware programs currently used, and it's freeware.

#12 Cherub12

Cherub12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

As I stated in my original post I ran my malwarebytes program to solve this program before i ever checked out bleeping computer.com - the latest, most updated version of it doesn't get rid of seacrch.conduit.com.  It's one tough cookie to get rid of.

#13 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hello Cherub 12,

Just FTR, Emsisoft Emergency Kit is only a freeware antimalware scanner with fixing capabilities. It is not an active antivirus, but there is no harm in running it for this case.

However Emsisoft Antimalware is a paid Antivirus program that does have real time protection. I am currently using it as my AV program (see my profile).

==========

Have you run AdwCleaner as suggested by dc3 and used the "Delete" button, or did you just scan with it? AdwCleaner should have taken care of it.

If you executed the "Delete" function, then please post the log here for review.

You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as

==========

If you have a logfile in your C:\AdwCleaner folder containing only [R1] in the name, then you only used the scan feature and have not let it remove the adware.

Please post whichever log you have in your AdwCleaner folder in the C:\ drive so that we can have a look.

bloopie

Edited by bloopie, 16 September 2013 - 04:51 PM.
Added "freeware"

#14 Cherub12

Cherub12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Unfortunately, now your technology vocabulary is to far above me to follow; Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Emsisoft Antimalware, dc3, and C:\AdwCleaner are all things I know nothing about, and this sentence - If you executed the "Delete" function, then please post the log here for review.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as.  specifically what can I find at

C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as.  No sarcasm meant, it's not a link or a web address, so how can i find something there? 

I went to Bing to find Emsisoft Antimalware, found it,

but my computer gave a message it needed to know what program created it so it could be downloaded, sent the thing online to find it but it was a dead end - couldn't be found.

Any suggestions?

#15 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

Please forgive me if I wasn't clear, it's not always easy to asses the Original Poster's knowledge with just a few posts. My apologies!

Please click the "Start Orb" at the bottom left of your desktop screen (the circle that looks like it has a small, four colored flag inside of it). Once you've done that, find "Computer" on the right pane, and click it.

Now find your C:\ drive, and double-click it. Once that opens, look for another folder called AdwCleaner, and double-click that as well.

In that folder, you should find the .txt file(s) I described above. If you did find them, please copy and paste the contents of those .txt file(s) into your next reply. If you didn't find them, please post back here and let me know!

I'm sorry for the confusion!

bloopie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users