Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Laserpaddy

Laserpaddy

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

I started this topic from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506465/very-strange-happenings/page-2#entry3158997

and was directed over to this forum area-

I cannot fresh install even with a new hard drive, dvd drive and bios flash- please see the other thread---I will do what ever it takes

Edited by hamluis, 16 September 2013 - 11:04 AM.
Changed title - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

What happens when you try to do a fresh install from your DVD drive?

Is the installation disc a legal Microsoft copy?

Why are you attempting a fresh install?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

What is IOCBIOS? If you are overclocking the system...the first order of business should be to return the BIOS to default settings, IMO.

Do you have a legal install of Windows?

why did you replace the hard drive?

Why did you flash the BIOS...where did the update come from?

Does the system boot into the old drive today?

Have you an appropriate hard drive diagnostic...on any of the hard drives previously or now attached to the system?

Louis

#4 Laserpaddy

Laserpaddy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Gigabyte Bios F5

ga-zx68xp-ud3p board

intel i5 2500K

evga 560 Ti supper clocked video card

legit everything windows 7 disk with sp1 on it

on august 25th while on computer a notification pooped up telling me that my system had been restored to a previous date- it shut down and restarted- i freaked out i never did this.

I started investigating and found many strange dates that did not appear right and since i didnt initiate this I decided to do a fresh install- each time it restored it was to the exact same point which was when the system did its own restore- 

i looked at the bios and on gigabyte they have a qflash program in bios in the flash type and size it said unknown- so i reflashed it said it was ok  when i rebooted to bios and checked the qflash again----then I did a fresh install and back to the same bad point

i systematically repeated the same actions and found that only when the evga card was installed the qflash reported the unknown condition. so i purchased a new dvd drive and hard drive- removed video card re-flashed bios installed new components and it was back to the same point in windows after the restore .

at this point i started looking at permisions all elevated or restricted- it seemed as if i was a client on a virtual machine- i have ran all kinds of scanners virus malware etc. i tried to copy those files but was not allowed to so i took pictures of the screens.

I even did the drive wipe nuke- no help

ran a bootable memory scanner and did the probe test and the memory seems occupied and bad as it will lock up and freeze

having the idea of a hijack i looked at router logs- from all over the place people had done a remote log on to my system-

i have pictures of the screens- files that i tried to copy to text- etc...

it appears to me ( not an expert but highly educated ) that the threads are being intercepted- files are being rendered useless ie. virus scanners etc...

short of a remote log on for you guys to see- tell me what you need hell i would even send the whole damn system for forensic analysis

i feel like i am crazy......or going there quick

#5 Laserpaddy

Laserpaddy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

oh forgot- had avast internet security and had a firewall issue they had me uninstall and reinstall that was in july- had connection issue leading upto that and have had cable internet provider for 6 months off and on trying to find an issue related to low bandwidth

#6 Laserpaddy

Laserpaddy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

oh no overclocking

#7 Laserpaddy

Laserpaddy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

sorry for the forgotten updates to original post reply- the evga card was not reinstalled and used on board vga output from processor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users